Your Dashboard can give you great insights into how your Tindie business is developing. Using this tool can help you make the right adjustments that lead you to more (and more valuable) traffic. Here are a few tips to help you use this information to its fullest.
You access the Dashboard by going to https://www.tindie.com/stores/dashboard/
On the Dashboard you'll see a graph titled "Your Conversion Rate", which shows the percentage of people who added one of your products to their cart, then checked out and bought the product.
- Buyer A adds one of your products to their cart.
- Buyer A adds another one of your products to their cart.
- Buyer B adds one of your products to their cart.
- Buyer B never check out; Buyer A checks out and buys both of your products they have added to their cart.
- Your conversion rate is: 2 (product purchased by Buyer A) / 3 (total products added to carts) * 100 = 66.6%
We also show the "Avg Conversion Rate of Top 20% of Tindie Sellers" for reference so you can see how you're doing.
Here is an example:
High conversion rates (> 50%) mean that when people add a product of yours to their cart, more often than not they buy it. This is great!
Low conversion rates (< 50%) mean that when people add one of your products to their cart, more often than not they don't buy it. This might be because they surprised by the cost of shipping, or the seller doesn't have a profile picture or a store name, thus coming across as less reputable.
How to increase your Conversion Rate
- Make sure that your product shipping is comparable to the actual product.
- If your product only costs $5 and your shipping is $45, this can cause buyers to abandon their carts.
- Think about offering shipment tracking (when applicable). This is especially important when shipping overseas or expensive items.
Add your products to your cart to see what the buyers see
Put yourself in your buyers' shoes. Think about the last items you abandoned a purchase on and why. Put an item in your cart and see what your buyers are seeing. Try to anticipate what your buyers' questions will be and have them answered ahead of time. There are many places on your store to provide detail about yourself, your product, and shipping so ensure you are using them!
This gives buyers the opportunity to know who they are purchasing from. Give your customers a way to connect with you and know that they are buying from a real person who shares their same interests and projects. Be proud of who you are and what you create!