Your Dashboard can give you great insights into how your Tindie business is developing. Using this tool can help you make the right adjustments that lead you to more (and more valuable) traffic. Here are a few tips to help you use this information to its fullest.
You access the Dashboard by going to https://www.tindie.com/stores/dashboard/
On the Dashboard you'll see a graph titled "Your Total Page Views", which is the number of views of your products each week. Note, this number only includes the number of people viewing your products, not your store.
We also show the "Avg Total Page Views of Top 20% of Tindie Sellers" for reference so you can see how you're doing.
Here is an example:
To see exact values for Page Views, hover over points on the graph:
How to increase your Page Views
There are two parts to ensuring you have higher total page views:
- Information when you create the product ("creating")
- What you do after it has gone live ("marketing")
We have data that shows sales are impacted by description and title length as well as amount of photos.
Higher page views directly impacts your total number of orders, total sales, and conversion rate percent. Be sure to check out these three tip and tutorial posts to help you create your product listing on Tindie:
- How do I write a great product title?
- How do I write an amazing product description?
- How do I take the best photos of my product?
We provide the marketplace but you are the one who knows your product best. Amazing marketing starts with you. Once your product goes live, you must get the word spread about it. Here are some ideas for you to get started:
- Blog: If you have a blog or guest write on one, you can get a lot of traffic to your page from there.
- Badges: To tie in well with a blog, we also have badges that you can add to your website or blog to promote your Tindie store!
- Social Media: Be sure link your product page on your Facebook, Google+, and Twitter. When your product goes live, we tweet it out as new. You can re-tweet this to all of your followers. Be sure to follow us so you don't miss it!
- Forums: There are dozens of forums online for makers and hobbyists. These are great places to get your project out there.